Well that escalated quickly…
I tried to do an easy run today to test out my ailing knee. It didn’t go so well. The first half mile was fine but then the sharp unmistakable IT band pain crept in. I’m stubborn (very stubborn), so I continued to run an additional 2.5 miles (I was running with a group, which totally justifies my bad decision).
Those last 2.5 miles, I had some time to think about how I’m going to restructure my training plan. Here’s my thoughts:
- First and foremost I need to get my knee right. Shut it down! (new girl reference).
- My perfect plan needs a total rebuild. I always preach flexibility, and this is a prime example. I’m barely a week into this plan and I already KNOW that it’s not right for me. #backtothedrawingboard
- I need more easy/recovery runs in my plan, and a slower weekly buildup of my mileage.
- Hopefully I can return to training by February. If not, I may need to plan for another marathon (not in May)
- Kesha really needs to release a new album (unrelated topic)
I will update soon with all the new deets (this includes updating my training plan page). Until then, #healthandwealth, and as always, let’s #sub3!